|The Midwest Composting School 2012 will be held July 24, 25, and 26 at the Iowa State University Dairy Farm and University Compost Facility in Ames, Iowa. Participants successfully completing the school will meet the requirements for certification under IAC 567 Chapter 105.
The purpose of the Midwest Composting School is to train stakeholders in the science of composting, handling challenging feedstocks, enhancing compost quality, using compost in construction projects, understanding compost sampling and analytical processes, and the environmental regulations.
•Stakeholders and composters
• Professional engineers and consultants
• Natural Resource Conservation Service professionals
• DNR personnel including field staff
• City administrators and zoning officials
• Iowa waste exchange professionals
• Landfill managers and operators
• Compost facility operators
• Waste water treatment plant operators
• Yard waste recyclers
• Waste generators
• Livestock facility managers
Each day includes a combination of hands-on training, lecture, discussion and problem solving.
For more information visit http://www.aep.iastate.edu/compost/.